Eligibility and Selection Process
Eligibility to becoming a South Carolina Financial Literacy Master Teacher:
- Certified classroom teachers who instruct students for at least half of the school day.
- Teachers who have completed three years in the profession and participate in professional development related to financial literacy.
- Teachers who demonstrate a passion for furthering personal financial literacy.
Selection Process - Teachers will be carefully selected by a team consisting of SC Economics staff and university faculty affiliates.
The following criteria will be used in the selection process:
- Grade levels/subjects taught
- Subject matter expertise
- Geographic location
- Dedication to professional learning
- Classroom skills using activity-based learning
- Passion for student learning